| jimmages | contemporary | wedding | photography |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
STOP STOP STOP

Go to the new blog...click here


Hi! My name is Jim Miller, and my wife Jacki and I own jimmages - contemporary wedding photography.

This is my blog, and I am so glad that you found me.

How to pronounce jimmages? Well, you could pronounce it jimmages, as in rhyming with images. You could also pronounce it Jim Images. And for those upscale clients, please let me give you the phonetic pronunciation...Zhim AH Zhay.

Just kidding. Pronounce it any way that you like. That's not important. What is important is that hopefully I just made you smile. That's my job you know... to make you smile at the wedding, to make you smile when you see your photographs, and to make you smile (OK, slightly grin) when you get your bill!

We are located in Sherman, TX, but we photograph amazing weddings all over the southwestern United States. My style might best be described as resembling photojournalism. That is to say, I photograph real events as they are really happening... staying on the DL and not interrupting every moment by asking you to stop, look at me, and have you give me an awkward forced looking smile.

But the truth is, we do need some formal portraits, so it's not completely a photojournalistic approach. I tell my clients that I do enough posed portraits to make their parents happy, but mostly I am capturing the real moments of the most important day of their life, which makes them very happy. So what is this style called? I dunno...it hasn't been around long enough to have a 'name' yet, so I just call it contemporary wedding photography. Sounds kind of cool, no?

So welcome aboard the jimmages blog. Feel free to look around, make yourself at home, and leave a comment or two.

And please feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call if you have questions. I have packages that will fit pretty much any reasonable budget. I am a really low key guy, I love what I do, and I get really excited when I see in a client's eyes that I have delivered more than they expected. Because sometimes smiles show up in the coolest ways...

| jim |

Sunday, April 6, 2008

| Joshua and Jenny in Plano |

Joshua and Jenny tied the knot Saturday at First Christian Church in Plano. It was an awesome wedding, and you'll see why, hopefully, in the photos.

Josh was first to arrive.

1706581.jpg

Josh is a chemist by trade, so I am pretty sure he'd smoke me in Jeopardy. About my only chance would be if I could say 'Only things short, fat, bald men know for a hundred, Alex.' Not too likely, huh. Anyway, Josh was so calm and collected. He even found time, at the church, to clip his nails. I have never seen that before, but then again, I have never photographed a chemist before. It may be a ritual that only smart guys do.

1724541.jpg

1725241.jpg

I told Aaron, the best man, that he was so helpful as a best man, that I was going to offer his services to people who have a best man who isn't on the ball as much. Aaron laughingly said that would be cool. I found out later in the evening that Aaron is also a chemist.

1729061.jpg

1730501.jpg

I'm telling you, this guy was on top of it.

1747411.jpg

Jenny showed up for a wedding, and brought this dress with her.

1644101.jpg

Here she is now getting ready.

1748581.jpg

Check out the shoes!

1756571.jpg

Jenny's mom Scharlotte is a florist. In fact, I met her at another wedding that I photographed last year. Suffice it to say that when you want the most fabulous flowers possible at your wedding, it kinda helps to have a florist in the family. So the details for this wedding are all about flowers...

1653441.jpg

1736431.jpg

1733551.jpg

1741011.jpg

1742131.jpg

1655491.jpg

Almost time to start. There's Josh at the end of the sanctuary. Is it me, or does he look like he's dancing?

1828471.jpg

Here comes the bride, helped along by her dad, Ron.

1840131.jpg

First Christian Plano has the most amazing stained glass. Either that, or Aaron put some kind of chemical on them to make them seem really colorful. Wait a minute! That's actually done by the photographer...the guy with the slightly longish nails...

1850561.jpg

1849371.jpg

Another of the beautiful bride...

1910191.jpg

Now it's time to head over to the reception, at Reflections on Spring Creek in Plano. Can't drive over to an elegant place like that in anything less than cool.

1948091.jpg

But first...

1949401.jpg

And here they come.

2006181.jpg

Just in time for a first dance.

2107031.jpg

And then, we were whisked over to the gazebo where we thought we were just going to take photos. But SURPRISE and BOOM! The families had arranged a surprise fireworks show in their honor. Think they were surprised?

2109271.jpg

The show was really amazing. It was put on by Pyrotex. Cool name. And J & J sure enjoyed the light show. Once they got used to the idea, that is.

2110061.jpg

2110531.jpg

bang.jpg

Here's Jerry Hassell of HVPro. Check out that concentration!

2120331.jpg

And a shout out to Daniel Richmond, the super cool entertainment man.

2140041.jpg

You gotta love this setting by Reflections on Spring Creek...

2008451.jpg

Not to mention the cake.

2048431.jpg

Gotta have a ring shot, yes?

2151561.jpg

Apparently most of Jenny and Josh's women friends are married...

2205161.jpg

One more dance with Dad,

2115301.jpg

And one more with Hubby.

2231371.jpg

Thanks guys, for letting me be part of such an extraordinary wedding!

Stat Counter