| jimmages | contemporary | wedding | photography |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
STOP STOP STOP

Go to the new blog...click here


Hi! My name is Jim Miller, and my wife Jacki and I own jimmages - contemporary wedding photography.

This is my blog, and I am so glad that you found me.

How to pronounce jimmages? Well, you could pronounce it jimmages, as in rhyming with images. You could also pronounce it Jim Images. And for those upscale clients, please let me give you the phonetic pronunciation...Zhim AH Zhay.

Just kidding. Pronounce it any way that you like. That's not important. What is important is that hopefully I just made you smile. That's my job you know... to make you smile at the wedding, to make you smile when you see your photographs, and to make you smile (OK, slightly grin) when you get your bill!

We are located in Sherman, TX, but we photograph amazing weddings all over the southwestern United States. My style might best be described as resembling photojournalism. That is to say, I photograph real events as they are really happening... staying on the DL and not interrupting every moment by asking you to stop, look at me, and have you give me an awkward forced looking smile.

But the truth is, we do need some formal portraits, so it's not completely a photojournalistic approach. I tell my clients that I do enough posed portraits to make their parents happy, but mostly I am capturing the real moments of the most important day of their life, which makes them very happy. So what is this style called? I dunno...it hasn't been around long enough to have a 'name' yet, so I just call it contemporary wedding photography. Sounds kind of cool, no?

So welcome aboard the jimmages blog. Feel free to look around, make yourself at home, and leave a comment or two.

And please feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call if you have questions. I have packages that will fit pretty much any reasonable budget. I am a really low key guy, I love what I do, and I get really excited when I see in a client's eyes that I have delivered more than they expected. Because sometimes smiles show up in the coolest ways...

| jim |

Sunday, June 22, 2008

| Zach and Starla at Willowood Ranch in Bells |

Man, it seems like 3 years ago when I first met Zach and Starla to discuss their wedding plans. I know it wasn't that long ago, but it sure seems like it. So yesterday, it was time for the I do's, and it was a wedding I was definitely looking forward to shooting. It was a wedding of firsts for me, starting with the first Model T that I ever saw at a wedding.

1602131.jpg

It was also the first time a bride has shown up for a wedding that I was working wearing a beauty pageant-like sash. How fun!

1605581.jpg

Man, I gotta get one of these for my hybrid!

1609261.jpg

A few pre-wedding details.

1603151.jpg

1626401.jpg

1630201.jpg

Here's Zach. Super calm, cool and collected.

1632441.jpg

1633121.jpg

With his proud parents.

1638481.jpg

The beautiful wedding dress.

1656441.jpg

I think someone must have told Starla that she just has to 'dive' into it :>)

1659231.jpg

1659291.jpg

Well, she made into the dress, and brought her Mom with her!

1700471.jpg

1700571.jpg

And Starla has some proud parents, too.

1715161.jpg

Some more pre-wedding details.

1727261.jpg

1730201.jpg

The men showing up at the chapel.

1732511.jpg

And they're being watched!

1739571.jpg

1741431.jpg

One of the really cool things about Willowood is that when shooting from the balcony, you feel like you're right on the platform with the bride and groom.

1813571.jpg

1816501.jpg

1818011.jpg

Zach and Starla with another first for me. They showed their willingness to sacrifice themselves to one another using the Biblical lesson of washing each other's feet as illustration.

1823181.jpg

One of the must do's at Willowood is the ringing of the church bells prior to running through the bubbles.

1833031.jpg

And off we go to the reception.

1834301.jpg

And the first dance.

1921001.jpg

Meanwhile, I am off to find more details.

1911481.jpg

1935321.jpg

1941561.jpg

2007281.jpg

2052201.jpg

Another first. Starla and her Dad Bill did this cool kind of a jig thing around the dance floor. The deejay said something about people not doing this anymore, but I never knew they did. Whatever it was, it was really cool.

2054001.jpg

Go Zach, go Zach.

2057521.jpg

The night ended with fireworks.

2147311.jpg

And even more fireworks! Thanks guys, for letting me be a part of your incredible wedding.

2153311.jpg

Stat Counter